We will assist you with the relevant techniques which are essential in order to Car Import in Bangladesh. If you are cautious about the process and want the correct criteria about the rules and policies, we will provide you the useful information in this regard.
The popularity of Japanese used cars is increasing. Bangladesh is one of the countries where the demand for Japanese cars is growing a lot. As the prices of cars are touching the sky, so the people decide on choosing used cars as they get to buy high-quality cars at a 50% low price. This country is well recognized for the demand for Japanese used cars on a massive scale. Japan is considered to be an important extraction for the import of second-hand Japanese cars on the lands of Bangladesh.
Bangladesh expresses for a car market before buying a car because the car market offers an extensive range of motors you can pick out from within the minimal possible price. Used Japanese cars are considered to be excellent motor cars extended condition. These used Japanese cars are viewed as reliable and durable which makes them widespread in the automotive markets of Bangladesh. About 80% of the vehicles in Bangladesh are Japan imported. Car Import in Bangladesh should be right-hand drive as the vehicles move on the left side of the road.
Conditions of Import:
Importation of used cars in Bangladesh which includes jeeps, micro-bus, and many other vehicles is acceptable only under the conditions mentioned below:
- The import of vehicles is allowed only from the country of origin and importation is not allowed by any third party.
- The age of the vehicle should not be more than four years old.
- To identify the age of the imported car, the date will be calculated from the first day to the next year’s manufacturing framework.
- The car should be integrated with the right-hand drive.
- The certificate issued by JAAI should contain the model number, age, and chassis number of the used car. That certificate should be given to the customs authority.
Ports of Chittagong and Dhaka are used for the import of vehicles, the general method used for shipping is RORO (roll-on, roll-off). However, more expensive methods of the shipment can also be arranged on the customer’s demand.
Following are the documents required for port clearance
- Copy of work permit and original passport
- Certification of Title and Registration
- Registration, Invoice to determine the age
- Country of Origin Certificate
- Original Bill of Lading (BoL)
- Condition Report of Vehicle
- Authorization Letter
- Import Permit Required from Chief Controller for Foreigners Imports and Export permission.
Vehicles imported from Japan require JAAI (Japan Auto Appraisal Institute) inspection and the pass is essential.
Import Tax Rate:
- 0-40% import tax
- 15% value-added tax (VAT)
- 2.5% of infrastructure development surcharge imposed on imports.
Nationals returning to Bangladesh who has been residing overseas for ten years or greater will be viewed as “returning nationals”, and are eligible for obligation-free importation of one vehicle, furnished that the automobile has been owned for at least two years. Consideration will be given to the unique occasions of the returning men and women and their probable contribution toward the state-building.
Returning nationals are additionally exempted from Bangladesh Sales Tax (ABST) expenses on an automobile which has been owned by means of them for at least 12 months prior to its importation and is used for private purposes.
Bangladesh’s government set the regulations that bill can only be paid by letter of credit (LC).
Top Selling Imported Cars:
Following is the list of most selling used Japanese cars being imported in Bangladesh.
- Honda Vezel
- Toyota Vitz
- Toyota Corolla Axio
- Nissan X-trail
- Toyota Corolla Fielder
- Toyota Allion
- Toyota Premio
- Toyota Harrier