Having a car battery means you should know that a dead car battery will fall you in trouble and never start your car for driving. Many car drivers often ask the question that how long does it take to charge a car battery. Today we will frequently explain to you about car battery charging. Different solutions available to charge your car battery depend on the voltage amps. It’s a very worrying sign for every driver that waking in the morning starting your car but your car battery is dead. Today we will give you all solutions about how to recharge a dead car battery and all related information about car battery charging. Keep in your mind that you don’t need to disconnect a car battery for charging a dead battery.
Also Checkout: How To Disconnect A Car Battery
Why Car Battery’s dead
There are multiple reasons why the car battery’s dead. Usually, it’s due to our negligence. We will explain to you some common mistakes we did and face the dead car battery issue.
- Leave headlights, interior light, and radio on when the car is stopped.
- Use a car AC/heater when the car is stopped.
- Didn’t use the car for a long time
- Didn’t maintain the battery on time
- Low air temperature is the cause of dead battery
Also Checkout: Essential Things to Know Before Buying a Car
How Long to Charge a Car Battery at 2 Amps
Charging your car battery with an amp will take a long time because usually car batteries are 48 amps and with an amp, it will take 24 hours. If you have time to wait then it’s good to charge your battery slowly because a high power charger can be damaged your battery. But if you want to go soon then use high amps charger for the battery.
Also Checkout: Here is How to Calculate Custom Duty on Cars in Pakistan
Car Battery Charging While Driving
This is a very common question that how long does it take to charge the car battery while driving. It depends on the driving speed and charging level before start driving because engine running speed sends the power to the battery for charging. The car’s battery is charged by your alternator and if the battery dies it’s due to the alternator. If you want to spend a long time with your battery then try to charge the battery while driving. While driving in the city battery will be charged in one hour and if you are driving on the motorway it will only take 30 minutes. Do not use an external charger regularly for battery charging because it’s not good for the battery life.
Also Checkout: How to Check Car Registration Online In Pakistan
How Long Does it Take to Charge a Dead Car Battery?
A dead car battery will charge with a charging cable. Do not buy a cheap quality brand cable because it can be damaged your battery. Buy a good cable for battery charging. Usually for mid-size batteries 4-8ampare charging use. Use a valuable car care brand for your car care products. A cheap quality brand will give you a cheap price product but it will damage your car parts. A dead car battery usually takes 4 hours to recharge and if you use slow charging it can take 24 hours for full charging.
Charge A Car Battery With Trickle Charger
Many people question how long does it take to charge your car battery with a trickle charger. A trickle charger is including in the very slowest charger and it takes 2 days to fully charge your car battery with a trickle charger. Generally, trickle chargers use 1-2 amps, and it’s the very slowest process of car battery charging. However, it’s good for battery because high power can be the cause of a damaged car battery.
How to Take Care of your Car Battery
Keep in mind that if your car battery is dead you can’t drive anymore. We will recommend you some tips about how to take care of your car battery and when you need to replace it:
- Usually, the car battery’s life is four years. Change your car battery after every 4 years if you want to run your vehicle properly.
- Check the acid level of your car battery every six months.
- Add distilled water when you noticed that the electrolyte level is low. Add water carefully and only covers the plates.
- Clean your battery because dust can be damaged your battery.
- Keep a check that cables are tied. Check that your cables don’t be sure cables are tied.
- Do not leave your car for a long time. Drive the vehicle at least after 3 days because a standing car affects the battery life.
- Usually, a car battery’s dead in cold weather. Try to warm your car battery in cold weather if you don’t want to face a dead battery issue.
- Do not overcharge your car battery.
Also Checkout: The Process Car on Rent to Companies in Pakistan
Use a standard amp to charge your battery if you want to spend a long time with the battery. A regular checkup can save you from the battery charging problem. Usually, it happened when we do not focus on battery charging. Do not do the thing that is the cause of the dead battery and spend a good time with your car battery.
- Govt Imposed Complete Ban on CBU Imports
- SUVs And Trucks Still Top Priority Despite High Fuel Rate In US
- Hyundai Agreement to Build $5.4 Billion EV, Battery Factory In US
- Toyota Suspends Car Bookings Once Again
- VW ID. Buzz Price Start From €64,581 in Germany and other European Countries
- Hyundai Sonata Retiring Internationally